Luxury Travel to Rio Celeste
Whilst the north of Costa Rica still doesn’t feature much on the typical tourist trails, the best place to start would be one of the more popular destinations in the region, Rio Celeste.
Located 100 miles north-west of San Jose and sandwiched between the Arenal to the south, Tenorio Volcano National Park to the west and the Caño Negro Forest to the east, this area enjoys a proximity to many different habitats but is ultimately renowned for its famous light-blue river and waterfalls tinged so by volcanic minerals.
What to do
- Take a dip in the hot springs of Tenorio National Park
- Swim in the sky blue waters of the Rio Celeste and its waterfall
- Wildlife spotting in the Cano Negro
- Horse Riding
- River Rafting
- Hanging Bridges § canopy tours
- Bike riding
- Visit the Maleku Indigenous Tribal Village
Itineraries including Rio Celeste
Accommodation in Rio Celeste
Here are some of our travel designers' favourite options