At the western edge of Europe, Portugal is a culturally rich country with vibrant cities and villages steeped in history. Quaint towns stand proud on rugged cliff tops, gothic spires rise majestically and charming cobbled streets invite you to explore winding old towns. A visit to Portugal is bound to be one of lasting memories and extraordinary experiences:
- Admire the remarkable monuments in Lisbon.
- Drink in the breathtaking views at Cape St Vincent
- Taste wine by the vineyards of the Douro Valley.
- Immerse yourself in the nightlife of Porto.
- Relive days gone by in the medieval walled town of Monsaraz.
- Soak up the sun on the beaches of the Algarve.
- Enjoy the tranquility and tradition of Alentejo.
The best way to truly experience a destination is through its cuisine. So, get a real taste for Portugal as you sample local dishes and delicacies from across the regions. Pop into a small tasquinha to savour fish fresh from the sea or sink your teeth into delicate pastries originating from medieval Catholic monasteries. And of course, don’t forget the world famous Portuguese wine.
Whether it’s a beach holiday you need, or a cultural and culinary experience, Portugal is waiting to reveal its treasures.