Luxury travel to Barcelona
One of Europe’s greatest cities, Barcelona sits in Spain’s northwest at the heart of of Catalonia.
Catering to every type of traveller, from romantic honeymooners, all-night partiers and beach lovers to art aficionados, foodies, fashionistas and culture hunters, you haven’t really seen Spain without a few days caught up here.
One of Europe’s greatest cities, Barcelona has a rich history with iconic architectural treasures dating from Roman temples to winding gothic streets, with Gaudi’s uniquely playful modernism cut with stark millennial flashes of glass and steel. There is a tangibly buzzing culture in the streets and squares, an inspiration for some of the 20th century’s greatest artists and writers, that makes exploring tucked away bars, cafes, restaurants, museums and galleries endlessly captivating.
Speak to our expert travel designers about what you want to get out of Barcelona, and let us create a perfectly paired selection of hotels and privately guided tours bespoke to you and your passions.
When to go
May to June is the best time to visit the city, with pleasant temperatures, several festivals and a lack of crowds before the mid-summer rush. July and August are the hottest months, coinciding with the peak season for tourists. Many locals head for more cooler areas on month-long breaks. September and October are also good months to visit. Winter and early spring are far quieter seasons, though rarely truly cold.
What to do
- Explore the city at your own pace on foot and fuelled by tapas and incredible seafood
- Party with the locals at raucous festivals and at happening nightlife spots until dawn
- Kick back and people watch on one of the city's many beaches
- Discover the city's rich artistic, literary and architectural heritage
- Venture out of the city to explore coastal fishing towns, rugged mountains and historic treasures
Itineraries including Barcelona
Top hotels in Barcelona
Here are some of our travel designers' favourite options