Responsible travel is all about considering the impact that your trip has on the environment, ecosystems and communities it affects. When we travel we have the ability to create a positive impact on the places that we visit, and when we do it right, we can change the world.
In some areas, such as parts of rural Botswana or remote Rajasthan tourism helps to preserve the natural environment and ecosystems by providing a source of income and reducing the need for subsistence farming to destroy key habitats.
For many places around the world, the presence and help of tourism can discourage poachers and therefore protect endangered species such as rhinos or organutangs.
- Stay in a luxury desert camp dedicated to supporting and protecting Namibia’s rhino population
- Relax in style at Sol y Luna, a hotel created in order to fund a school in Sacred Valley, Peru.
- Trek to find the endangered mountain gorillas in Rwanda and support crucial reforestation projects
- Raft into the incredible Pacuare Lodge in Costa Rica, creating stable local jobs and protecting the incredible surrounding ecosystem.
- Visit a community collective in Kenya empowering women to earn an income through traditional crafts.
Positive impact travel has been part of Jacada’s DNA since the very beginning. We’ve always focused on selecting local partners in each of our destinations whose philosophies align with ours, and that combine an incredible experience with bringing a benefit to the planet and those around them. Knowing that you’re making a difference simply by being there and supporting these projects helps you to experience destinations on a deeper level. And you come away with incredible memories that will connect you to them for years to come.