Luxury Travel to Ubud
With lush greenery and steep rice terraces that flank the soaring banks of the Ayung River, Ubud is one of Bali‘s most scenic and relaxed destinations. It is also peppered with the island’s most important holy sites, temples and artisan workshops.
The countryside serenity here has lured artists, sculptors, and spiritual leaders for centuries and it is considered by many to the cultural heart of Bali. The area has also rigorously fought off development to successfully hold onto its magical charms. Visit traditional arts and crafts workshops, thriving artist communities, night markets and working temples.
But many simply just come to Ubud here just to revitalize and soak up the quiet repose; be it in the form of stylish wellbeing properties, boutique spa hotels, yoga and meditation retreats, to frequenting renowned local healers.
When to go
The best time to go is between May and October to avoid the rainy season.
What to do
- Take in the views at the top of the rice paddies looking down to the Ayung River
- Visit numerous artist galleries
- Catch a cultural show at a local arts centre
- Indulge in the area’s world famous spas and restorative treatments
- See the peaceful Gunung Lebah Temple
Itineraries including Ubud
Accommodation in Ubud
Here are some of our travel designers' favourite options