Ecuador – What to Bring
Our list of what to bring to Ecuador. If you have any other questions, please contact your travel designer or concierge. We advise bringing a copy of your passport and carrying it with you, as it is a legal requirement in Latin America and you may need it when using credit cards.
- Layers – often in the day it is warm but temperatures drop at night, particularly when you are at altitude (Quito, Otavalo) so it is good to be able to add/take off a layer
- If you are trekking, be sure to pack extra layers
- Convertible pants – light, fast drying one that zip off to form shorts
- Fleece sweater
- Light raincoat
- Hat to block the sun (it is strong in the Andes)
- A small backpack to take with you on day trips
- Money belt for cash and important documents
- In Ecuador there are many arts and crafts that can be bought and it is always great to return with lots of souvenirs from your trip, so remember to leave some space for these!