Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge
Private & Homely Cottages at the Foot of the Virunga Mountains
- 8 guest cottages
- Main lodge with restaurant, bar & lounge
- In-room massage
- WiFi (in main lodge only)
- Gift Shop, Library
- Gorilla Tracking & trekking, Golden Monkey Trekking
- Escorted walks and mountain biking
- Bird watching
- Treks to : Dian Fossey Research Camp, the twin lakes, Buhanga Sacred Forest, Gishwati Forest, Lake Ngezi
- Excursions to Musanze Market
- Climbing: Mts Visoke, Gahinga, Muhubura
Seated in the foothills of the Virunga mountains there are three things to look forward to when staying at the Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge: breath-taking views from every angle, warm and helpful staff, and seeing the captivating mountain gorillas in their wild natural habitat on your daily treks.
The eight spacious standalone cottages are decorated in a homely style and their seclusion really adds to the ample and individual privacy here. On the other hand the big fireplaces, appealing lounges, library, dining area and curio shop of the main lodge give the whole property a warm and convivial personality, and where guests can relax and talk excitedly over the exploits of their day.
Again, the staff do their utmost to assist you in whatever way they can and the food served at Sabyinyo is delicious and surprisingly elegant for its far-flung setting. On the whole Sabyinyo is a fantastically sophisticated and friendly base to explore this very poignant part of Africa.