Luxury Travel to Todos Santos
Todos Santos is definitely the place to come for a real slice of Mexico.
Just set back from the coast’s beautiful Pacific beaches, this very traditional town in the foothills of the Sierra de la Laguna Mountains has largely held onto an ‘outpost’ feel, with its mix of paved and unpaved roads, surfers, barefoot- style accommodation, and with a quiet air of unspoilt sophistication.
This desert oasis town on the south-western side of Baja California evolved from a missionary outpost and sugar cane producer, to become a haven for local bohemian and international artists with delightful galleries against a backdrop of colourful colonial buildings.
Enjoy its giant surf, whale watching and the yearly hatching of leatherback turtles, along with its fantastic artisan markets, live music, arts festivals, and restaurants.
When to go
Todos Santos is a year round destination, with more chance for rain during the months of July to October (but this is usually not that much).
What to do
- Beaches of Playa Cerritos, Playa San Pedritos, Playa la Pestora.
- Star gazing tours can be arranged with a local astronomer.
- It’s a great place for adventure, kayaking, snorkelling, diving and biking.
- Multi-sport day trips to the canyons of Agua Caliente, Santa Rita or San Dionisio. Swim in fresh water pools and experience natural hot springs.
- Take a boat tour from Cabos to see the Grey whales, or watch them from the beaches in Todos Santos. It’s common to see them breach (where they perform an acrobatic jump) or spy hop (come straight out of the water like a periscope of a submarine).
Whatever you want your luxury tour or safari itinerary to include, we’ll create something fully bespoke for you… and only you.
Accommodation in Todos Santos
Here are some of our travel designers' favourite options