The ‘megalopolis’ that is Mexico City (or Mexico D.F) is actually one of the most multi-layered, multi-faceted and multi-cultural cities on Earth.
Capturing within its cosmopolitan bubble the country’s clash and fusion of ancient, mestizo (mixed) and European cultures, modern sophistication, international finance and industry, an established and progressive art scene, restless urbanity, impressive education institutions and a conscientious youth culture: some even say you haven’t been to Mexico unless you’ve been to its enthralling capital city.
With a simply spoiling amount of things to do, we have a team of expert local guides to show you around with private tours tailored to your interests, as well as a selection of the city’s finest hotels to choose from.
What to do
- Discover the capital's Aztec foundations at the magnificent Templo Mayor, or take a trip to the incredible Teotihuacan pyramids
- Explore the Baroque folds of its UNESCO-protected Historic Quarter and Zocalo Square
- The exhibitions at the Palace of Fine Arts or archaeological collections at the National Anthropological Museum
- The Frida Kahlo Museum and Metropolitan Cathedral
- Colourful boat rides through the Xochimilco Eco Park, named the 'Venice of Mexico'
- Eating out at the capital's innumerable haute cuisine restaurants
- Our private historical and cultural tours with an expert, local guide and resident of Mexico City to show you around properly
- Our guided shopping trips that steer you to the city's best markets, ateliers and stores
- The colonial city of Puebla is only a two hour drive away
When to go
Located on an elevated highland plateau, Mexico City also enjoys a temperate, spring-like climate all year round with an average temperature of 22°c (72°F).
Mexico City is a capital with a life of its own. Colourful marked hilltops as far as the eye can see, sprawl to the far reaches of the city. Exquisite restaurants and soulful markets offer excellent Mexican cuisine. Modernity sits side by side with its colonial heritage, the city is captivating and the vivacious spirit makes it a must for a visit to Mexico.