Luxury travel to Dublin
Both the Republic of Ireland’s capital and largest city, Dublin is truly larger than life. A kaleidoscope of history and modernity, it is generous in its architectural and cultural offerings. Just a quick turn down a cosy laneway could lead you to the bustling restaurants and pubs of Temple Bar, or towards the ancient, yet indominable walls of Dublin Castle.
Medieval treasures are plentiful around this city, such as the grand St Patrick’s Cathedral and the Book of Kells, arguably the world’s most famous medieval manuscript. For a city so rich in historic treasures, its bold spirit has not been left in the past. Renowned for their lively spirit and fun-loving attitude, Dubliners certainly know how to grab the present with both hands. So, while you are on the southside of the River Liffey, be sure to fully immerse yourself in the prevalent live music scene which characterises Dublin’s nightlife.
When the sun eventually comes up, experience Ireland’s most distinct tastes from the source at the Guinness Storehouse or at the Jameson Distillery.
When it comes to cultural experiences, Dublin doesn’t disappoint. It is filled with world-class galleries and museums, such as the National Gallery of Ireland featuring European art from the 14th right up to the 20th-century. However, if it is modern art that speaks to your soul, The Dublin City Gallery is famed for its exhibitions by contemporary Irish artists.
One of the most unique and most loved aspects of Irish culture, comes in the form of the native sport, hurling. Head down to Croke Park, to celebrate the sole national team of this prehistoric game, for an experience exclusive to Ireland.
An extremely multifaceted city, Dublin certainly proves a compelling microcosm of Ireland as a whole. Its most enduring features stand bold amongst the bustle of contemporary life, allowing you to discover the story of Ireland and its people, right from the beginning.
What to do
- Visit the city's vast choice of galleries
- Explore the grand St Patrick's Cathedral
- Step back in time at Trinity College, with a visit to The Book of Kells
- Get a taste of Ireland from the source, at the Guinness Storehouse
- Treat yourself at the bustling restaurants and pubs of Temple Bar
- Head down to Croke Park to watch a game of hurling
- Explore Ireland's medieval past with a trip to Dublin Castle
- Stroll through the charmed cobbled streets and find the story of Dublin gradually unfold around you
- Photograph the beautifiul Georgian houses with colourful doors on Parnell Square
Itineraries including Dublin
Whatever you want your luxury tour or safari itinerary to include, we’ll create something fully bespoke for you… and only you.
Accommodation in Dublin
Here are some of our travel designers' favourite options