Luxury Travel to Hong Kong Island
A sprawling neon-lit metropolis and the historical, political and economic centre of this special administrative region, Hong Kong Island is the heart of the city and home to quintessential skyscrapers, booming business and exclusive restaurants and bars.
Located across Victoria Harbour from the Kowloon Peninsula, this small island is all hustle and bustle in towering form. As such, the best way to see Hong Kong Island is from a distance; take the famous Star Ferry across the harbour towards Kowloon and view the futuristic city lit up by the dazzling nightly laser show. For spectacular views of the Island from the south as well as Kowloon and Lamma Island, take a trip to the top of Victoria Peak via the historic tram. On clearer days you’ll experience some fantastic views of the cityscape.
We can help you experience all to just some of the highlights of Hong Kong, depending on how long you choose to stopover in the city for; from popular bars in Lan Kwai Fong, world-class shopping, to haute cuisine restaurants on the harbour-front.
What to do
- The two main tourist attractions, Victoria Peak and the Star Ferry, offer spectacular views but are highly weather-dependant
- Dance the night away in the infamous Lan Kwai Fong district
- Watch the Symphony of Lights, 8pm every evening from one of the city’s sky-bars
- Visit the Po Lin Monastery and Big Buddha on Lantau Island
- Go shopping in one of the island’s futuristic shopping malls or pick up an antique or two on Hollywood Road or browse the stalls in Stanley
Accommodation in Hong Kong Island
Here are some of our travel designers' favourite options