Phinda Private Game Reserve
A Very Personal Big 5 Experience & Close to the Beach
- Forest Lodge (16 suites)
- Mountains Lodge (25 suites) - good for families
- Rock Lodge (6 suites)
- Private Homestead Villa (4 rooms)
- Phinda Vlei Lodge (6 suites)
- Phinda Zuka Lodge (4 cottages)
- Game Drives in open 4x4 safari vehicles
- Riverboat cruises along the Mzinene River
- Leopard Research or Black Rhino Tracking
- Photographic Safaris
- Luxury Walking Adventure
- Specialist Safaris
- Isikolethu Zulu
- Cultural Tour
- Trips to the amazingly pristine Eastern Coast for scuba diving, whale watching, Zulu village tours, turtle viewing etc
In the northern corner of the KwaZulu Natal’s eastern coast, the Phinda Private Game Reserve is a small and exclusive gem of conservation-based hospitality and authentic African splendor.
The intimate 56,800-acre reserve, restored by the Varty family, is unlike any other in Africa. Chiefly because of its natural and cultural conservation, which is used as a model for reserves all over Africa, it’s also Phinda’s superb game viewing in the way of frequently spotted cheetah, black rhino, the Big Five, and 415 species of bird, that make it so unique.
When you get there, ask about its history and its role in the local community – it’s a fascinating story.
Possessing a plethora of habitats, Phinda is a magnificent tapestry of woodland, grassland, wetland, and rare sand forest interspersed with mountain ranges, river courses, marshes and pans. Furthermore its proximity to the stunning coastal reserves makes this is the perfect place to mix beach and bush.
Plan your trip to
Whatever you want from your adventure in the Africa, our team of expert travel designers are ready to help.