What to Pack for a Trip to Mexico
If you're wondering what to pack for a trip to Mexico, look no further.
Our experts have weighed in on the essentials; with changing weather and a range of climates, it's best to be as prepared as possible.
Lots of layers and sun protection are just a couple of must-haves for your trip. Check out our comprehensive packing list here.
- Shorts and T-shirts. Lightweight, light coloured and loose clothing is recommended. Natural fabrics are preferable.
- Comfortable outdoor clothes. If you’re doing any walking, then opt for light clothing made from natural fabrics. It’s always better to bring layers rather than thicker items of clothing, so you can add/remove as necessary
- Light sweater or jacket for when it gets cooler in the evenings
- Long pants and collared shirts. In general, the dress code in Mexico is casual, however in larger cities the dress code is a bit more formal.
- Swimsuit. For the beach, hotel pool and swimming in cenotes.
- Comfortable shoes for walks and city tours. Be aware that stone
steps at the haciendas or archaeological sites can be slippery.
- Sun protection. Sun cream and a wide-brimmed hat.
- Day pack. This will be useful for taking on excursions.
- Insect repellent
- Ziplock bags. These can be useful for keeping your belongings dry and protected from the weather.
Tech and gadgets
- Camera, lenses and spare batteries
- Flashlight/headlamp and batteries