Nine Magical Rooms carved out of the boulders & kopjes
- Nine thatched rooms (incl. two honeymoon suites)
- Spa salon and sauna with a professional masseuse
- Swimming pool, Sunset Lounge
- Game drives into the National Park
- Rhino tracking by vehicle or on foot
- Hikes and walks to explore the terrain, cave paintings and cultural attractions of the area
- Historic trek to Rhodes’ grave and "View of the World"
- Take a tour to an African homestead and get down to earth with the local Matabele people
Camp Amalinda is every bit a part of this ancient and magical landscape having built itself in and around the granite domes and castle kopjes of Matobo Hills.
Nine thatched rooms along with sitting and dining areas, a library and swimming pool have been tucked into the spaces between the boulders for a very evocative and comfortable stay. The rooms have been furnished to the style of colonial era providing a wonderful contrast between its smooth, polished wood pieces and ornate textiles against the rough stone walls and natural thatch.
The staff are helpful, the activities are broad and well led, with rhino tracking available (on request), not to mention a spa and sauna for that extra bit of pampering.