Tswalu Kalahari Reserve
The Country's Largest Private Game Reserve
- Eight small houses in the Motse Camp
- Tarkuni Private House is for exclusive rent & has five bedrooms
- Malori sleepout deck (sleeps two adults & two children)
- Swimming pool
- Spa and gym
- Wine cellar
- Mezzanine library
- Gift shop
- Personalised game drives
- Gourmet picnics
- Wildlife: black rhino, Kalahari lions, meerkats, cheetah, antelope, hyena, giraffe, zebra, jackal, cape fox and more
- Horse riding safaris
- Sleep outs
- Evening safaris
- Visits to local communities and schools
- Bush walks
- Excursions to ancient archaeological sites
The malaria free Tswalu Reserve, owned by the Oppenheimer family, is the largest private game reserve in South Africa consisting of over 100,000 hectares of the ‘green’ Kalahari grasslands home to eighty mammal species and 340 varieties of bird.
Furthermore, the reserve is not further divided up into concessions or reserves and the only accommodation is the Motse Camp and Tarkuni House, which only allow for a maximum of thirty guests at one time in the entire of Tswalu. If you are staying for three nights or more you’ll also get a complimentary private vehicle, guide and tracker to make this your very own private Kalahari. The motto is, if you see another Range Rover on your game drives, complain.
And whilst you really couldn’t get any further from a package holiday, the accommodation at Tswalu truly does have it all ‘wrapped up’ as far as a five-star safari lodge goes, with more luxury, authenticity, exclusivity and conscientiousness than any other in Africa. Having won awards for both their spa and conservation work, you just have to see the efforts they make to look after the wildlife and support local communities to know the lengths they go to look after you.