Luxury travel to Coromandel
Discover the highlights of Coromandel with a luxury trip
A short drive from Auckland takes you to the Coromandel Peninsula, a classic Kiwi beach holiday destination made up of petite coastal towns, velvety white-sand beaches and native rainforests teeming with birdlife. Its rustic, unspoiled and stress-free scene encapsulates the New Zealand culture, with local artwork hanging in every café, unassuming restaurants, knick-knack stores and locals wandering barefoot. It’s an instantly loveable and laid-back getaway.
- Dig a pool to bathe in at the incredible Hot Water Beach.
- Kayak across enticing waters to hidden caves.
- Hike to the natural rock archway at Cathedral Cove.
- Peruse the charming antique stores of Paeroa.
- Laze on the golden sands of Hahei Beach.
- Watch as the sun sets while sampling a seafood platter, a local craft beer or a distinguished New Zealand wine.
You’re far from short of things to do here from fishing trips, diving, kayaking, hiking national parks, cycling and even skydiving. In the summer, people from across the country along with international visitors flock to its shores, with the main concentration heading to Hot Water Beach to dig up the sand and soak in the piping hot water. Away from here, you can easily escape the crowds and find your own spot on the numerous stunning beaches along the coast.
Kayak around the sparkling seas and soft sands of Cathedral Cove, taking in the jaw-dropping rock formations that frequent the area. Head down to the natural phenomena of Hot Water Beach and relax in the heated water, filtered up from the underground hot springs directly on the beach.
Whatever you want your luxury tour or safari itinerary to include, we’ll create something fully bespoke for you… and only you.
Our top places to stay in Coromandel
- Bushland Park Lodge & Retreat$$$$$Recharge surrounded by forests abundant in ferns, surrounded by rolling green hills above white sandy beaches, at Bushland Park Lodge & Retreat Whangamata. The exclusive luxury retreat features just three spacious suites each designed for ultimate comfort and relaxation. Décor is rustic, elegant and romantic. The Twin Suite is the most spacious and offers an elevated panoramic view over the bush park and an open fireplace. The philosophy of food artist and chef Reinhard Nickel is “sharing his passion with people who have passion”. He strives to find the perfect combination of flavours and textures to create the ideal dining experiences for guests. During warmer months take the opportunity to dine outdoors in a sheltered bush area. Bird lovers will find a magnificent array of native birds to study on the two hectares of park-like grounds and manicured gardens. Discover a 300-year-old twin Kauri tree, or take a romantic soak in the private outdoor bath area. Add a magical touch to your stay by spending an evening in the Nikau fern grotto surrounded by hundreds of glow-worms. It’s the perfect place for a romantic proposal, or simply to reflect at the end of the day.
- 970 Lonely Bay Lodge$$$$$Tucked away in the bush close to the seaside town of Whitianga, 970 Lonely Bay Lodge boasts stunning water views. Choose from three luxury one-bedroom suites, or a two-bedroom honeymoon suite, all with spacious terraces from which to enjoy views out over the Purangi Estuary, Mercury Bay, Cooks Beach and Shakespeare Reserve. Each suite features fine linens, luxury toiletries and king size beds. Large windows bathe stylish furnishings in natural light, while neutral hues and fabrics create an atmosphere of tranquility. When not relaxing in their rooms, guests can make use of the library, sitting room or entertainment area. Relax and rejuvenate in the indoor/outdoor solarium which has an opening roof to let in the fresh seaside air. Take a stroll through the manicured garden and request a picnic hamper, or sit down to a vintage afternoon tea. Continental breakfast and in-house dining is available by arrangement.