Fregate Private Island
A Naturally Stylish & Superbly Equipped Island Resort
- 16 private pool villas
- The Banyan Hill Estate on a secluded peninsula (sleeps 6)
- Fregate House: reception, boutique, main restaurant, a collection of old rums and whiskies, a wine-tasting cellar in the basement and, just outside, the charming Pirates Bar beach hut.
- Plantation house and museum: restaurant and historical exhibition
- Yacht Club
- Kids Club
- Rock Spa
- Water Sports - Scuba Diving, Deep Sea Fishing, Snorkelling
- Nature hikes
- Search for the 2000 free-roaming Giant Aldabra Tortoises
- You can also dine almost anywhere on the island: intimate beach barbecues, sashimi picnics, lunch in the Tree House, in the gardens, on Mont Signal for sunsets, in the privacy of your villa, and the Glacis Cerf Pavilion for high tea.
- Sunset cruises and sailing
- Star gazing
- Mountain biking
The feel on Fregate, thanks in part to the total privacy the hotel gives guests that stay here, is wonderfully informal with a very natural, low key Creole vibe blended with superb luxury.
Sixteen private thatch residences sit spaced out amongst the palms that crowd the island’s shorelines each complete with private infinity pool, Jacuzzi, daybed, dining pavilion, personal island buggy, and immediate views of the Indian Ocean waves. There are several categories of residences to suit couples or families, and some come with direct beach access. Or you can hire your very own private hill estate (Banyan) of three villas (sleeping six) which comes with private chef, butler, and maid. Mind you, you can go one step further and hire out the entire island to yourself…
A long list of activities and services are totally dedicated to every guest during their stay. From almost every sort of water sport to PADI diving courses, star gazing, mountain biking and yoga classes.
Despite it being an island, the dining is by no means a small affair. There are three different restaurants, but Fregate prides itself on being able to offering dining experiences almost anywhere on the island. Lunch in a treehouse, take high tea on a look out point, sink some sundowners on a sunset cruise, to private dining in your residence and sashimi picnics on the beach. Take your pick.