Madikwe Safari Lodge
Three Brilliantly Run Boutique Properties with Ample Activities for Kids
- Three Lodges:
- Lelapa (12 suites) - good for families
- Kopano (4 suites) - better for honeymooners, single travellers or couples
- Dithaba (4 suites) - can be hired exclusively
- Morning and evening game drives in open safari vehicles
- Bush walks
- Bird watching; astronomy; ecology house & local community village tour
- Bush breakfasts and dinners, boma dinners
- Health spa; children’s activities.
Situated in the central eastern section of the Madikwe Reserve known for having some of the best game viewing in the whole park, the Madikwe Safari Lodge’s three intimate and award winning properties are great for honeymooners to holidayers with kids of all ages.
The Lelapa Lodge has twelve freestanding suites, with a good ten to fifteen metres between each, and come with private plunge pools, air con, fireplaces, WiFi and spacious en suite bathrooms with both in and outdoor showers. Accepting all ages, this lodge is best for families.
The Kopano has four suites staggered in the same layout with similar amenities, however children are not allowed here, so this is a better choice for honeymooners or those looking for some extra privacy and quiet.
Dithaba, meaning ‘Mountain’, is the lodge that is more secluded than the first two properties and built on the side of the mountain, elevated for better views over the open plains. Again this lodge has all the same amenities and set out as the others, and takes children if hired on an exclusive basis.
Enjoy morning and evening game drives, with some fantastic kid’s facilities and activities curated around them, not to mention romantic boma dinners, bush breakfasts, guided bush walks and astronomy lessons.