Richard’s River Camp
One of our favourite tented camps, an intimately hosted experience
- Five tents
- One central tent
- This camp can be exclusively hired and even personally hosted by Richard Roberts on request
- Game drives around the Olare Orok Conservancy, north of the Mara Reserve, or south to the Mara Reserve
- Scenic flights with Richard Roberts, landing atop the escarpment to look over the Mara
- Night game drives
- Walking with Richard Roberts
- Visiting the local Maasai communities
- Sundowners and picnics
This is one of Kenya’s ultimate safari experiences for authentic tented luxury.
Positioned on the banks of the Njageteck River in the Olare Orok Conservancy for extra seclusion, the nearby Ngoyanai springs provide permanent water, drawing in large numbers of animals to the area around camp. This camp is also particularly known for its resident lion pride. In the arena of the Maasai Mara, a stay here provides the equivalent of VIP seats and service for one of the best wildlife spectacles in the African bush.
Five incredibly inviting tents sit open to the bushveld scenery and wildlife sights of the nearby hippo pool. Appointed with warm high-quality linens and antique furnishings the tents also include modern comforts and en suite (outside) bathrooms with 24-hour hot running water.
Whatever you want your luxury tour or safari itinerary to include, we’ll create something fully bespoke for you… and only you.