Sophisticated Hacienda Style Hotel with a Spa
- Ten rooms (LCD TV, Cable)
- Swimming Pool
- Extreme Adventure: rappelling, canyoning, white water rafting, kayaking and climbing
- Visits to the Natural Park of Los Nevados for hiking, climbing, sport fishing and birdwatching
- Cultural Coffee Tours to the Venecia Hacienda
- Excursions to the Valley of Wax Palms
- Horse Riding
- Hot Springs
- Canopy Ziplining
Surrounded by peaceful gardens and beyond these, tranquil countryside hills that ripple on forever, Sazagua is a lovely little boutique-sized guesthouse that triumphs in both comfort and character.
A surprising level of mod cons are installed in its ten very spacious rooms including WiFi and flat screen TVs, and there’s a small spa with a sauna and treatment rooms offering massages and other wellness remedies.
The house is in the style of a typical Colombian farmhouse with eclectic details such as colourful colonial tiles and furniture and indigenous inspirations and art, to more international antiques and furnishings. However, its wraparound balconies and central courtyards root the hotel firmly in the region and welcome in its serene views and laid-back countryside temperament.
The food is good and the menu is fairly bold for the scale of the hotel. The staff have also helped seal Sazagua’s reputation as being one of the best places to stay in the area, and are immensely friendly and helpful.