Excellent Multi-Activity Camp: Totally Private in the Moremi
- 10 rooms
- Plunge Pool
- Game drives via 3 x 10-seater open Land Rovers each accommodating a maximum of seven guests, allowing all guests an outside seat.
- Water game viewing via mokoro (eight mokoro with each seating two guests)
- Summer - 60% water activities, 40% game drives; winter - 80% water activities, 20% game drives, (whilst the emphasis at Xigera is on water activities, game drives are offered all year round).
- Power boating, seasonally available depending on water levels (1 x 8-seater boat)
- Fishing with a limited supply of basic equipment is on offer seasonally - catch and release basis
Caught on a riverine island in the Delta’s Moremi Game Reserve, Xigera is a truly excellent camp amidst the wetlands for its dynamic and varied activities, altered slightly according to the season so guests get the most out of the wildlife and terrain. It’s also the only camp in the area, giving you total privacy and where it doesn’t get much wilder.
Ten simple, standalone, and sublimely comfortable stilted tent rooms are shrouded in the riverine forest, and its main areas are typically and tastefully African: thatch roofs, wooden floors and furniture, warm lantern light, bonfire, a traditional boma and a plunge pool to cool off in.
Xigera’s (pronounced Keejera) position amidst permanent water all year round means you can embark on the area’s signature mokoro (canoe) safari, game drives and motorboat outings. The camp is also a good choice for keen birdwatchers, with Pel’s Fishing-Owl, African Skimmer, Slaty Egret, Wattled Crane and a host of raptors, other waterbirds and colourful kingfishers to be seen.
Whatever you want your luxury tour or safari itinerary to include, we’ll create something fully bespoke for you… and only you.