While Lima is arguably Peru's most popular city for those on luxury holidays, the historically rich Cusco should not be overlooked.
With its roots in early 14th century Spanish colonial period, this beautiful city is located close to some of the country's most impressive attractions and heritage sites, as well as having plenty to offer sightseers in its own right.
Intimately tied to the history and culture of the renowned and unmissable Machu Picchu, tourists on luxury Peru tours of the ancient landmark will find it difficult to put off a look around the city in the valley of the Andes Mountains.
The best time to visit Cusco is during the dry season between May and October, but there are plenty of comfortable places to stay in the city all year round.
Hotel Monasterio is arguably the city's most prestigious hotel and as the name suggests is a restored monastery, featuring its own museums, restaurant and plaza.
- Nov. 1th, 2011Ultimate luxury awaits in Lake Titicaca
- Oct. 31th, 2011Tourists prove satisfied with luxury Peru holidays
- Oct. 28th, 2011Peru's Northern Beaches - perfect for honeymooners
- Oct. 27th, 2011Cusco reflects Peru's cultural and historical heart
- Oct. 26th, 2011Enjoy Machu Picchu without the mountain climb via train
- Oct. 24th, 2011Taste the best Lima has to offer
- Oct. 24th, 2011Explore the waters of Lake Titicaca
- Oct. 21th, 2011Immerse yourself in nature at the Manu Amazon Biosphere
- Oct. 21th, 2011PromPeru named Leading South American Tourist Board
- Oct. 20th, 2011Peruvian Amazon to receive direct international flights
- Oct. 19th, 2011Machu Picchu soon to be visited by Unesco
- Oct. 18th, 2011Cusco has plenty to offer
- Oct. 17th, 2011Jagger named ambassador for Peruvian Amazon
- Oct. 14th, 2011Experience the jungle at Inkaterra Reserva Amazonica
- Oct. 13th, 2011Peru's Northern Beaches are well worth a look
- Oct. 13th, 2011Experience ultimate comfort in the Sacred Valley
- Oct. 12th, 2011Find inner peace on magical Madre de Dios holidays in Peru
- Oct. 11th, 2011Mick Jagger spotted on luxury Peru holiday
- Oct. 10th, 2011Colca Canyon offers an intriguing experience
- Oct. 10th, 2011Peru's Nazca Lines under threat?