Legendary rock singer Mick Jagger has been spotted enjoying a luxury Peru holiday, where he met the country's president Ollanta Humala.
The meeting took place at the Government Palace and was also attended by Peru's minister for foreign trade and tourism Jose Luis Silva.
Jose Koechlin, president of Peru's Hotel Society, revealed that the Rolling Stone's trip was solely for leisure purposes.
"It's a private visit from a person who wants to come to Peru to enjoy his free time. It is a tourist visit, he is happy to come here," he told the Andina news agency.
There are many luxury hotels in Peru that Jagger could have stayed at, including the ever popular Country Club Lima Hotel.
The residence is located in San Isidro, which is one of the most exclusive areas of the city and is home to many great shops and restaurants.
- Nov. 1th, 2011Ultimate luxury awaits in Lake Titicaca
- Oct. 31th, 2011Tourists prove satisfied with luxury Peru holidays
- Oct. 28th, 2011Peru's Northern Beaches - perfect for honeymooners
- Oct. 27th, 2011Cusco reflects Peru's cultural and historical heart
- Oct. 26th, 2011Enjoy Machu Picchu without the mountain climb via train
- Oct. 24th, 2011Taste the best Lima has to offer
- Oct. 24th, 2011Explore the waters of Lake Titicaca
- Oct. 21th, 2011Immerse yourself in nature at the Manu Amazon Biosphere
- Oct. 21th, 2011PromPeru named Leading South American Tourist Board
- Oct. 20th, 2011Peruvian Amazon to receive direct international flights
- Oct. 19th, 2011Machu Picchu soon to be visited by Unesco
- Oct. 18th, 2011Cusco has plenty to offer
- Oct. 17th, 2011Jagger named ambassador for Peruvian Amazon
- Oct. 14th, 2011Experience the jungle at Inkaterra Reserva Amazonica
- Oct. 13th, 2011Peru's Northern Beaches are well worth a look
- Oct. 13th, 2011Experience ultimate comfort in the Sacred Valley
- Oct. 12th, 2011Find inner peace on magical Madre de Dios holidays in Peru
- Oct. 11th, 2011Mick Jagger spotted on luxury Peru holiday
- Oct. 10th, 2011Colca Canyon offers an intriguing experience
- Oct. 10th, 2011Peru's Nazca Lines under threat?