One of Lima's most iconic buildings opened its doors to the public on Saturday (September 10th), with scores of visitors turning up to see what all the fuss was about.
The Government Palace in the city welcomed more than 650 people as part of a new programme offering complimentary tours of the house.
Peruvian president Ollanta Humala was on hand to meet his guests and told them "this palace is yours and you have the right to visit it and I hope you keep coming back".
Local school children were among those guided around the presidential palace by tourism officials, reports the Andina news agency.
Anyone wanting to make the most of a stay in Lima may want to check into the Country Club Lima Hotel, which is an exceptional establishment located in San Isidro.
Guests will find themselves surrounded by one of the most exclusive areas of the city as well as fine artwork throughout the hotel.
- Sep. 13th, 2011Luxury is never far away from Peru's Sacred Valley
- Sep. 12th, 2011Tours of Lima's presidential palace prove a hit
- Sep. 12th, 2011Photo opportunities aplenty in Puno
- Sep. 9th, 2011Peru tourism sites to benefit from investment
- Sep. 8th, 2011Get close to the Incas in Cusco
- Sep. 7th, 2011Peru: An unexplored beach destination
- Sep. 2th, 2011Do something different in Colca Canyon
- Sep. 1th, 2011Get a bird's-eye view over the Nazca Lines
- Aug. 31th, 2011Suspected meteorite seen in skies over Cusco
- Aug. 30th, 2011Peruvian handicrafts find their way to South America
- Aug. 24th, 2011Explore the mysterious, ancient Nazca Lines on luxury holidays in Peru
- Aug. 23th, 2011Luxury Peru tours of Colca Canyon offer natural beauty, isolation and adventure
- Aug. 22th, 2011Discover Peru's hidden treasures of Choquequirao and Vitcos
- Aug. 19th, 2011Cusco offers a variety of experiences
- Aug. 19th, 2011South America boasts many must-see destinations
- Aug. 19th, 2011Be environmentally-aware on trips to the Galapagos
- Aug. 18th, 2011Mendoza offers a year-round holiday destination
- Aug. 17th, 2011Arequipa's eateries offer much to write home about
- Aug. 16th, 2011Animal spotting is a must on luxury holidays in South America
- Aug. 15th, 2011Corumbau offers the finest relaxation