These ancient geoglyphs are a designated UNESCO World Heritage Site located in the Nazca Desert in southern Peru, believed to have been created sometime around 400 AD.
Initially discovered in the early 20th century, these complex designs reach up to 300 metres in size and are often stylised representations of geometrical shapes and native animals including a spider, monkey and hummingbird.
Luxury Peru tours of the Nazca Lines also expose tourists to the magnificent coastline and beaches.
The best way to take in the beautiful coastline while viewing the Lines in their full glory is by airplane.
Tourists can combine flights from Lima over the coastline with a visit to the Ballestas Islands, home to a rich variety of exciting wildlife.
The islands are best reached by boat, where visitors can enjoy marine life including guano birds, Humbolboldt penguins, the Andean Condor and sea lions.
Nazca's dry climate also provides perfect conditions for a relaxing spell on the beaches of Paracas Bay.
The Bay is the only marine reservation in Peru, ensuring that the delicate marine ecosystem and characteristic natural landscape formations are preserved across the sub desert region.
Tours of the pre-Inca Paracas cultural remains are also available to visitors, while visits to the nearby Pisco farms provide yet another activity for those staying in the region for an extended period.
For those who enjoy the isolation of Paracas, the Libertador hotel, which overlooks the bay, is ideally placed.
Those on luxury holidays in Peru will not feel too out of touch with civilisation, with the hotel featuring a lounge bar, two restaurants and a health spa.
Additionally, the hotel runs boat excursions to Ballestas and overflights of the Nazca Lines, as well as 4x4 excursions across the desert planes.
- Sep. 13th, 2011Luxury is never far away from Peru's Sacred Valley
- Sep. 12th, 2011Tours of Lima's presidential palace prove a hit
- Sep. 12th, 2011Photo opportunities aplenty in Puno
- Sep. 9th, 2011Peru tourism sites to benefit from investment
- Sep. 8th, 2011Get close to the Incas in Cusco
- Sep. 7th, 2011Peru: An unexplored beach destination
- Sep. 2th, 2011Do something different in Colca Canyon
- Sep. 1th, 2011Get a bird's-eye view over the Nazca Lines
- Aug. 31th, 2011Suspected meteorite seen in skies over Cusco
- Aug. 30th, 2011Peruvian handicrafts find their way to South America
- Aug. 24th, 2011Explore the mysterious, ancient Nazca Lines on luxury holidays in Peru
- Aug. 23th, 2011Luxury Peru tours of Colca Canyon offer natural beauty, isolation and adventure
- Aug. 22th, 2011Discover Peru's hidden treasures of Choquequirao and Vitcos
- Aug. 19th, 2011Cusco offers a variety of experiences
- Aug. 19th, 2011South America boasts many must-see destinations
- Aug. 19th, 2011Be environmentally-aware on trips to the Galapagos
- Aug. 18th, 2011Mendoza offers a year-round holiday destination
- Aug. 17th, 2011Arequipa's eateries offer much to write home about
- Aug. 16th, 2011Animal spotting is a must on luxury holidays in South America
- Aug. 15th, 2011Corumbau offers the finest relaxation