The city of Cusco is a great place to visit on luxury Peru holidays, not least because it has so much to offer within a relatively small space.
Its architecture has long provided intrigue to visitors and experts in the field, as it manages to combine the colonial and the Incan.
Although often used as a gateway to Machu Picchu, Cusco is as much a tourist attraction in its own right as a portal to one of the world's most fascinating sites.
The city has a distinctly relaxed feel about it, which could provide the perfect place to stay before trekking the Inca trail, or even a resting spot after the expedition.
Hotel Monasterio is well worth a look by anyone considering stopping in the city, as it is considered to be Cusco's most famous and prestigious hotel.
It has been constructed on Incan foundations and is Spanish in its design, giving it the status of one of Cusco's most historic landmarks.
- Sep. 13th, 2011Luxury is never far away from Peru's Sacred Valley
- Sep. 12th, 2011Tours of Lima's presidential palace prove a hit
- Sep. 12th, 2011Photo opportunities aplenty in Puno
- Sep. 9th, 2011Peru tourism sites to benefit from investment
- Sep. 8th, 2011Get close to the Incas in Cusco
- Sep. 7th, 2011Peru: An unexplored beach destination
- Sep. 2th, 2011Do something different in Colca Canyon
- Sep. 1th, 2011Get a bird's-eye view over the Nazca Lines
- Aug. 31th, 2011Suspected meteorite seen in skies over Cusco
- Aug. 30th, 2011Peruvian handicrafts find their way to South America
- Aug. 24th, 2011Explore the mysterious, ancient Nazca Lines on luxury holidays in Peru
- Aug. 23th, 2011Luxury Peru tours of Colca Canyon offer natural beauty, isolation and adventure
- Aug. 22th, 2011Discover Peru's hidden treasures of Choquequirao and Vitcos
- Aug. 19th, 2011Cusco offers a variety of experiences
- Aug. 19th, 2011South America boasts many must-see destinations
- Aug. 19th, 2011Be environmentally-aware on trips to the Galapagos
- Aug. 18th, 2011Mendoza offers a year-round holiday destination
- Aug. 17th, 2011Arequipa's eateries offer much to write home about
- Aug. 16th, 2011Animal spotting is a must on luxury holidays in South America
- Aug. 15th, 2011Corumbau offers the finest relaxation